Valentine’s Day is looming, but if you’re out of love with glittery hearts, flowers and tacky plush toys then 14th February is also International Book Giving Day. What better day to give a book you love to someone you love (or at least like)? Here are ten quotations celebrating that most wonderful thing, a love of books.
1. “I believe books should be like a prime rib steak ~ good and thick.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
2. “Smaller than a breadbox, bigger than a TV remote, the average book fits into the human hand with a seductive nestling, a kiss of texture, whether of cover cloth, glazed jacket, or flexible paperback.”
― John Updike
3. “There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.”
― –Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
4.“O my darling books…how dear to me are they all! For have I not chosen them one by one, gathered them in with the sweat of my brow? I do love you all! It seems as if, by long and sweet companionship, you had become part of myself.”
― Antoine Issac, Baron Silvestre de Sacy
5. “After I was caught returning at dawn from one such late-night escapade, my worried mother thoroughly interrogated me regarding every drug teenagers take, never suspecting that the most intoxicating thing I’d experienced, by far, was the volume of romantic poetry she’d handed me the previous week. Books became my closest confidants, finely ground lenses providing new views of the world.”
― Paul Kalanithi
6. “When one so exposes it [integrity] and sees it come to life one exclaims in rapture, ‘But this is what I have always felt and known and desired!’ And one boils over with excitement, and, shutting the book even with a kind of reverence as if it were something very precious, a stand-by to return to as long as one lives, one puts it back on the shelf.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own
7.“He sat there studiously bent over his work (Bill saw him), which lay in a slant of crisp white winterlight, his face sober and absorbed, knowing that to be a librarian was to come as close as any human being can to sitting in the peak-seat of eternity’s engine.”
― Stephen King, It
8. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
9. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
10. “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
― Jorge Luis Borges
We hope you have enjoyed these quotations and give a book to someone this 14th February!
These are some wonderful quotations about the love of books.Reading a good book will never hurt you in any way. It will always give you knowledge and pleasure. Even in this era of technological advancement the appeal of books does not reduce a bit. I am an online casino game expert. I got interested in this profession by reading the book. If you are interested in the online casino then visit here https://casinohex.at/online-casinos/netent/. You will find all kinds of help regarding the online casino here. This website is one of the best in business.
I am Ritika Patel from Ahmedabad escorts. If you want to get chance for my Escorts service in Ahmedabad than contact me now. Our call girls in Ahmedabad are availble full day and night Escorts service in Ahmedabad
Our Ahmedabad call girls are looking gorgeous and beautiful. You can also check our models via our Ahmedabad call girls whatsapp Number.