So you’ve finished your book and you’re ready to present it to the world…now how do you make sure the world will notice?
1. The first step is to make sure your book is truly ready before marketing it. Have you edited it fully, including getting someone to cast a critical eye over it and give you their honest opinion? It needs to be in great shape when it makes its debut. Check out these hints from an author on how to approach the editing process.
2. Think about where you will find your audience and go to them if you can. This means using the connections and networks that you have plus finding any forums or groups that might be out there. This is especially important if you’re self-publishing a non-fiction book. You will also need to think about whether this audience is most likely to go for an ebook or paperback, or both. Try asking them. If you’re not sure, play it safe and cover both bases!
3. Use Facebook or Twitter, but remember that these are primarily social networks, rather than promotional platforms, so you need to behave accordingly. Our top tips on tweeting should help you get started.
4. Learn from the professionals. You may not have the same budget, but there are a few similar strategies that you can use. These include matching the cover to other similar books on the market, releasing the book at the appropriate season or tied to a relevant event. Think about what might set your book off with a bang, and possibly generate some press attention.
5. Word of mouth is the biggest influence on book buyers, so you have to start generating that. If you can, budget to be able to give some books away for free to people who are in the target audience. If you know any heavy readers who frequently recommend books to their friends, then you might want to start with them.
6. Have the blurb sorted – both written down and in your head so if someone asks you what the book is about, you can confidently give a quick summary and get them excited about it!
Some very helpful advice but just one question Georgina. CN have made my book available as an ebook through Book Streamer however will this be picked up by the likes of Barnes and Noble and Smashwords? I have already used KDP to make the book available in the Kindle Store.
I’m fairly certain the answer is no, david, although the CN PDF can be read onnthose readers i’m not certain it will get on their catalogue- although that might be different on the super-plan!!
I did my own e-book on Snashwords. They are fairly strict on formatting – I had tk start from scratch. They provide a free ISBN for your Smashwords edition however. Once accepted on their premium catalogue it is then distributed to all e-reader listings (Sony, Barnes and Noble, Apple etc) and is managed via your Snaswords account. It’s a bit of effort but worth it for exposure.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Ross. I have started the process with Smashwords but it is not straight forward.
This article is awsome very good. check for Female to male Body massage in Delhi
spa in delhiFemale to male Body to Body massage in Delhi
full body massage in delhi ncrFemale to male Body to Body massage in Delhi
full body massage in new delhiBody to Body massage in Delhi
spa in delhi ncrmale to Female Body to Body massage in Delhi
female to male body massage in delhiNuru Body to Body massage in Delhi
full body to body massage in south delhiFemale to male Body to Body massage center in Delhi
body massage in delhi ncrHappy Ending Body to Body massage in Delhi
b2b massage parlour in delhiBody to Body Spa in Delhi
body massage in delhiFemale to male Erotic Body to Body massage in Delhi
body massage centre in delhiFemale to male Sensual Body to Body massage in Delhi