The equinox at the end of this week marks the official start of a new season – so bid a fond farewell to Summer, and welcome Autumn. Brightly coloured leaves, the first frosts, and harvest time… Autumn has been an inspiration to many writers throughout history. Here are twelve quotations to inspire you as the days get shorter, and cosy nights reading by the fire await you.
1.“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.”
― Jim Bishop
2.“But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.”
― Stephen King, Salem’s Lot
3. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face."
― John Donne, ‘The Autumnal’
4. “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”
― Nora Ephron
5.“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
― Albert Camus
6. “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile."
― William Cullen Bryant, ‘Indian Summer’
7.“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks
8. “At no other time (than autumn) does the earth let itself be inhaled in one smell, the ripe earth; in a smell that is in no way inferior to the smell of the sea, bitter where it borders on taste, and more honeysweet where you feel it touching the first sounds. Containing depth within itself, darkness, something of the grave almost.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters on Cézanne
9. “Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn—that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness—that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.”
― Jane Austen, Persuasion
10.“Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.”
― Rémy de Gourmont
11. “Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.”
― Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
12. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”
― George Eliot
We hope you enjoy the coming months, and if you have a favourite autumnal quotation, do share it with us!
dehumidifier guy is the provider of best dehumidifier reviews and buying guide. if you want to buy best dehumidifier from marekt please visit dehumidifier reviews from our website and choose your best product.i also suggest your for best
i also suggest your for best best dehumidifier.its useful for winter.dehumidifier reduce humidity from air