For some authors, self-publishing is a stepping stone to getting traditionally published. For others, self-publishing is the medium they’ve chosen deliberately, giving them the control and creative freedom they crave. Here are some inspirational quotations from ten authors who started off self-publishing.
1. “The good news about self publishing is you get to do everything yourself. The bad news about self publishing is you get to do everything yourself.” ― Lori Lesko
2. “My biggest word of advice to any new, future writers thinking about diving into self-publishing: Edit. I don’t care what you think, you didn’t edit enough. Some people won’t care that there’s errors, its true, but enough of them will. And they paid for it, so they have a right to. So edit more. And then again. Really….Self-publishing is great, but it’s not easy.” ― Amanda Hocking
3. “This is the best time in history to be a writer. Today, you can bypass the gatekeepers.” – Andy Weir
4. “Whatever you may have heard, self-publishing is not a short cut to anything. Except maybe insanity. Self-publishing, like every other kind of publishing, is hard work. You don’t wake up one morning good at it. You have to work for that.”— Zoe Winters
5. “The best self promotion is your next book. And the book after that and after that …” — Bella Andre
6. “Write for the right reasons – ie yourself.” – Kerry Wilkinson
7. “Be confident in your work, but be careful not to put a book out into the world until you are sure that it is your very best work and professional in all respects (writing, editing, cover design, formatting, etc.). As with anything, you get only one chance to make a first impression, and every reader deserves a quality product.” — Darcie Chan
8. “A successful self-publisher must fill three roles: Author, Publisher, and Entrepreneur—or APE.” ― Guy Kawasaki
9. “The free charts on Amazon are constantly trawled by people with voracious reading appetites. Getting read is an obvious way to sell more copies via word of mouth.” — Ben Galley
10. “Writing a book makes you an expert in the field. At the very least, when you hand someone a book you wrote, it’s more impressive than handing a business card.” — James Altucher
We hope you’ve been inspired by these quotations. Do let us know if you have any tips you’d like to share!
dehumidifier guy is the provider of best dehumidifier reviews and buying guide. if you want to buy best dehumidifier from marekt please visit dehumidifier reviews from our website and choose your best product.i also suggest your for best
i also suggest your for best best dehumidifier.its useful for winter.dehumidifier reduce humidity from air