To mark Armistice Day on 11th November, and Remembrance Sunday on the 13th November, we’ve collated ten quotations about remembering.
1. “They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
― Laurence Binyon
2. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
― Thomas Campbell
3. “In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls… generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls.”
― Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
4. “I think it is all a matter of love; the more you love a memory the stronger and stranger it becomes”
― Vladimir Nabokov
5. “Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
6. “The living owe it to those who no longer can speak to tell their story for them.”
― Czesław Miłosz, The Issa Valley
7. “Remembrance restores possibility to the past, making what happened incomplete and completing what never was. Remembrance is neither what happened nor what did not happen but, rather, their potentialization, their becoming possible once again."
― Giorgio Agamben, Potentialities: Collected Essays in Philosophy
8. “Beauty exists not in what is seen and remembered, but in what is felt and never forgotten.”
― Johnathan Jena
9. “What you remember saves you.”
― W.S. Merwin
10. “Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
― Marcel Proust
We hope you’ve enjoyed these quotations. Do let us know if you have any favourites you’d like to share.
The person who can remember things exactly and specially events, must be an HR person. Because in HR or Human Resource field, it is most important that how much you can remember a person or personalities so that you can take best interview possible. Also for a HR field it is required to complete an HR dissertation to get its degree. You can contact a writing company for HR dissertations help.
Every student is not easy to write because they have so much lack of writing skills and many things. Well, Get Writer Help also offer an coursework writing service uk to all levels of students. They can also take custom coursework help with us. By the way, it is an excellent post. Thanks for sharing us.
On Monday,NFL jersesys shop US local time, the New England Patriots began their first voluntary activity in the offseason. Many media have focused their attention on the absence of quarterbackShop NFL Jerseys By Team Tom Brady and near-fielder Rob Gronkowski. However, the return of a key player deserves the same level of attention. He is the wide receiver – JulianBuy Customized NFL Jerseys Edelman. On Monday, Edelman appeared in the Gillette Stadium. This was his first step toward a $500,000 training bonus.Shop NFL Hats
The amount Shop NFL T-Shirtsof this bonus ranks first in the Patriot team. The following is the comparison of Edelman’s total training bonus with other players in the team: Edelman:Shop NFL Hoodie $500,000 in Glonnowski: $250,000 Kickback Goalbacker Kodarel Patterson: $250,000 in defense Endpoints Lawrence Guy: $200,000 kicker Stephen Gestkowski: $100,000Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys security guard Patrick Bell (Clock family): $85,000 In addition to the bonus, Edelman’s appearance is also A positive signal was Minnesota Vikings Jerseysreleased: He was recovering systematically from the anterior cruciate ligament tear injury on August 25 last year. With Brandine Cooks Customized Seattle Seahawks Jerseysbeing traded by the team, Danny Amundola joined the Miami Dolphins again through the free agency market. As Brady’s numberCustomized Carolina Panthers Jerseys one goal, Edelman’s return to health in the new season is The Patriots’ top priority. As a rule, Brady and Edelman hadIndianapolis Colts Hats practiced many passes during this offseason.
In addition, Edelman’s move Tampa Bay Buccaneersto Gillette Stadium on Monday was also a balance between strength training and Brady’s personal trainer Alex Guerrero. Edelman, who willSeattle Seahawks Hoodie soon turn 32, is a frequent guest of the TB12 Sports Therapy Center founded by Guerrero.
It is reported that Brady may reduceLos Angeles Chargers Hoodie the frequency of participating in the Patriots training during this offseason, and will pay more attention to his training withBaltimore Ravens T-shirts Guerrero. From the current situation, Edelman does not seem to have similar ideas with Brady. (TB12 is Tom Brady’s English initialsAtlanta Falcons T-shirts and jersey number.) If you don’t remember what Elderman’s Patriots lost last season, perhaps the following three facts can remind Denver Broncos T-shirtsyou of Edelman’s Importance: 1. He collected data in 89 postseason games, ranking third in NFL history, second only to Jerry Rice’s 151Jacksonville Jaguars Hoodie and Reggie Wayne’s 93.
This also means that as long as Edelman completed Los Angeles Rams Hatsfive postseason catches, he will surpass Wayne and rank second in history. 2. He was one of 14 players who completed at least 1000 yardsCustomized New England Patriots Jerseys of NFL postseason advancement and ranked 13th in NFL history with 1024 yards of data. As long as Edelman finished San Francisco 49ers Jerseyscatching the ball in the 39-yard playoffs, he will be ranked in the top ten in history. 3. In his career, a total of four postseasonArizona Cardinals Jerseys games have completed single-field catches and advanced over 100 yards. In this data, he and Dion – Blanche together, ranked first in the history of the Patriots.